We are proud to announce today the first release of the
Buildroot/Eclipse integration. This integration will make it easier
for Eclipse users to develop, build, and debug applications in the
context of embedded Linux systems generated with Buildroot.
This integration allows Eclipse to:
- Automatically discover the toolchain made available by each of the
Buildroot project on your machine.
- Automatically build your application or library in Eclipse using
the cross-compiler of a given Buildroot project. Eclipse also
automatically recognizes all the cross-compiled libraries that are
exposed through pkg-config, so that linking your application
against one or several of those libraries is just a matter of
selecting them in a list.
- Automatically copy your compiled application to the target and
execute it, directly from Eclipse, with just one click on the “Run”
- Automatically start a remote debugging session, directly from
Eclipse, with just one click on the “Debug” button.
- Explore the target filesystem from Eclipse, get access to a shell
on the target (using SSH).
More details on the project home page on github.